How to Consign at Nu2U Consignments
- The consigned price of an item will be set by Nu2U Consignments in Forest City, Iowa at the time of consignment and the consignor (person bringing item in) will receive 40% of the selling price.
- All items will be kept for a period of 12 weeks, with automatic markdowns of 30% and 50% taken after four weeks and eight weeks. Holiday items will automatically be marked down 50% after the holiday, regardless of their consignment period.
- Consignors will receive payment for their items any time upon request. Checks will be issued for all amounts. Money in a consignor’s account may also be used as in-store credit if that is their choice.
- All unsold merchandise will become the property of Nu2U Consignments in Forest City, Iowa unless the consignor specifies they would like to pick their items up. Unsold items must be picked up with in two weeks. Consignors may request a printout of their consignment transactions at any time.
- Nu2U Consignments in Forest City, Iowa knows how valuable your time is, therefore returning consignors may take advantage of our convenient Drop-And-Run policy for 20 items or less. A courtesy call letting management know your drop-off plans would be appreciated.
- Unless prearranged and approved the amount of items brought in for an appointment may not exceed two 18-gallon size totes or their equivalent and all items must meet store guidelines. No items in garbage sacks will be accepted due to excessive wrinkling.
- Clothing will be accepted within season only and merchandise must be stylish, and in very good condition, i.e., no holes, stains, buttons missing, worn cuffs, etc. All clothing must be clean and neatly folded. Shoes accepted for consignment must be in nearly mint condition and current styles. Non-clothing items must be in good condition, i.e., no cracks, chips, missing parts, etc.
- Nu2U Consignment in Forest City, Iowa strives to be a store for the whole family, therefore all men’s, women’s and children’s clothing items will be accepted. We also accept contemporary home décor, toys, books, accessories, household items and linens.